During the "suspension" of McCain's campaign and hours before the (then uncertain) debate actually was to take place, this was already up on the internet. Then Obama won the debate. Read a little more here.

Alright, alright, I'm a little late on this one but after coming (it keeps getting better!) up with a title like "Premature Adjaculation," I just had to get this up (again!) here. Must be my liberal bias to humor. However, being the good man that I am, I'll add a little more to this post so you don't feel like I'm only good for old news.




Remember when McCain went back to Washington to oversee the bailout? Regardless of the evidence that it was just another political stunt, one good thing did come out of it (if you support the bailout). He was going to secure the needed GOP votes to pass the bill. This hope was so bright for some Republicans that they started claiming victory for McCain a little early (see, I can stay with the theme!).

“Earlier in the week, when Senator McCain came back to Washington, there had been no deal reached. … What Senator McCain was able to do was to help bring all the parties to the table, including the House Republicans.” — Senior adviser Steve Schmidt, 9/28/08


Well, the bailout didn't pass today because of Republican opposition so McCain clearly didn't help anything out. The point being when you are willing to be the one to claim victory, you have to be willing to accept the blame. You can't have it both ways.

It's really that simple.

Update: I didn't want to make a separate post for just this, so I'm adding it here. Consider it a bonus. Americas Facebook NewsFeed